How can you obtain a copy of your credit report?

Under federal law, you have the right to obtain a free copy of your credit report from each of the nationwide consumer reporting agencies once per year. To order your free annual credit report:

 BY TELEPHONE: call toll-free: 1-877-322-8228

 ON THE WEB: visit

 BY MAIL: mail a completed Annual Credit Report Request Form, which you can obtain from the Federal Trade Commission’s website,, to:

Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281


What if there are mistakes in your credit report?

You have a right to dispute any inaccurate information in your credit report. If you find mistakes on your credit report, contact the consumer reporting agency. It is a good idea to check your credit report to ensure that the information is accurate.


How can you get more information?

For more information about credit reports and your rights under federal law, visit the Federal Reserve Board’s web site at, or the Federal Trade Commission’s web site at